If someone is at risk of immediate harm please phone the police on 999. Do not complete a form.
To report a concern about the safety or wellbeing of an adult at risk who is experiencing, or at risk of, abuse or neglect:
- Please fill in our on-line Safeguarding referral form
- If you not able to use the form please refer to us by phoning 0300 123 2224
A pathway decision will be made on all safeguarding referrals within 2 working days of receipt
You can find information about our safeguarding processes on the Safeguarding Adults Board website.
Please note completed forms will only be reviewed during office hours (Monday 8am to 6pm, Tuesday to Friday 8.30am to 5.30pm). If you need a response outside of these hours please phone the Emergency Duty Team on 01823 368244
General referrals for Adult Social Care involvement
- If the referral is not urgent, please ask the person to phone Somerset Direct themselves on 0300 123 2224 or visit a Community Connect drop in. Venues and dates of drop ins can be viewed at www.somerset.gov.uk/dropin. For urgent referrals please call us yourself.
- If you are a Professional and it is necessary to make a non-urgent referral yourself, please use the make a referral button below. You should also use this form if you are a Housing Provider requesting an Extra Care Housing assessment or a Care Provider requesting a review.
- To request social care involvement for a hospital discharge please complete a Notification 2 form
General Questions for Adult Social Care
- If you have a quick question for Adult Social Care you can also use the online ‘Ask us a question’ form