If someone is at risk of immediate harm please phone the police on 999. Do not complete a form.
To report a concern about the safety or wellbeing of an adult at risk who is experiencing, or at risk of, abuse or neglect:
- Please fill in our on-line Safeguarding referral form
- If you not able to use the form please refer to us by phoning 0300 123 2224
A pathway decision will be made on all safeguarding referrals within 2 working days of receipt
You can find information about our safeguarding processes on the Safeguarding Adults Board website.
Please note completed forms will only be reviewed during office hours (8am to 6pm Monday to Friday). If you need a response outside of these hours please phone the Emergency Duty Team on 0300 123 2327
General referrals for Adult Social Care involvement
- If the referral is not urgent please ask the person to phone Somerset Direct themselves on 0300 123 2224. For urgent referrals please call us yourself.
- The online professional referral form is currently being reviewed and will be available soon.
- To request social care involvement for a hospital discharge please complete a Notification 2 form
- It will need to say: If you have a quick question for Adult Social Care you can also use the online ‘Ask us a question’ form.