Information regarding the Autism and Communication service, including criteria to access the service, should be referred to and can be found on the Professional Choices website (www.professionalchoices.org.uk) and/or the Support Services for Education website (www.supportservicesforeducation.co.uk)
Please read these notes alongside the EHA as you complete it with parents:
- Sections 1 and 2 need to be completed
- Section 3 must be completed as it gives consent
- In section 4 we only require details of the child being referred but you may complete the whole section to provide a wider context
- In section 5, we only require the names, address and contact details of parents / carers
- In section 6, we only need to know professionals who are directly involved with the child you are referring. You may complete the whole section to provide a wider context
- Please complete as much as you can in section 7.
Please ensure you include the staff confidence rating in understanding and meeting the needs of children with autism and communication and what the desired outcomes for the student in section 7a.
Please ensure you identify what you would like support with ie: receptive language skills, expressive language skills, social communication skills, managing sensory issues and developing independent learning within section 7a
- Please complete as much of section 8 as you are able to
- In section 9, use the drop down menu to select “Autism and Communication Service”
- Download and complete the Language and Communication checklist
- Please ensure you send the EHA to SSE.SEN@somerset.gov.uk and the EHACoordinator@somerset.gov.uk. Please attach the completed Language and Communication checklist to the email as this will be required before referral can be considered.