Service Information:

The Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service is a specialist service for children and young people who are experiencing moderate to severe mental health difficulties including Eating disorders. As a specialist service there is an expectation that most children and young people referred will have received an early help intervention but that the difficulties are continuing.

You will find a guide to what makes a good CAMHS referral on our webpage that you should follow when completing section 7 of the EHA.

Service Criteria to include in the EHA:

Please look at the Eligibility Criteria for Somerset Specialist CAMHS before making a referral in order to ensure your referral is appropriate this can be found on our website.

The below information is required in addition to the information already requested in the EHA.

Section 7:

  • How long has this been a problem and why is the family seeking help now?
  • What are the child/young person’s and parent/carer’s views of the referral?
  • What are the child/young person’s and parent/carer’s anticipated outcomes?
  • What are your anticipated outcomes?
  • Your understanding of the problem/issues involved?
  • What are the specific difficulties that you want CAMHS to address?
  • How does the child/young person’s needs meet CAMHS service criteria?
  • What risks are there are to the young person, their family or others if this problem is not addressed?

Section 9:

Please use the drop-down menu to select “CAMHS”

Contact Details:

CAMHS (Mendip)

Email address:

Contact number: 01749 836561

Address: Priory House, Priory Health Park, Glastonbury Road, Wells, BA5 1TL


CAMHS (South Somerset)

Email address:

Contact number: 01935 384140

Address: Balidon Centre, Preston Road, Yeovil, BA20 2BX


CAMHS (West – Taunton Deane, Sedgemoor and West Somerset)

Email address:

Contact number: 01823 368368

Additional Information:

If you are referring someone to CAMHS because you suspect that they have an eating disorder, please see the additional information required to consider a referral into the specialist Community Eating Disorder Team (CEDS). The CAMHS webpage gives advice about who to contact and how to refer when your concerns are urgent.