Cases held by Senior Social Work Assistants within the Children With Disabilities Early Support Team, level/tier 3.
These will be cases where the child /young person require access to services which can be provided under the Chronically Sick and Disabled Person’s Act 1970.
Referrals will be made via Somerset Direct following receipt of an Early Help Assessment form if the referral is being made by a professional. Families can self-refer by contacting Somerset Direct
The CWD Senior Social Work Assistant will undertake visits to the family and utilizing information contained in the Early Help Assessment will complete a CWD Early Support Record and CWD Early Support Plan to provide the support and services which have been identified as being required to meet outcomes. Team Around the Child meetings will be used to inform the assessment and planning. These assessments will be reviewed alongside Education Health Care Plan where appropriate.
Service provided could include:
- Practical assistance in the home.
- Parenting support and guidance.
- Assistance in obtaining recreational and educational facilities at home and outside the home.
- Charity applications for access to activities.
- Supporting young people to access activities.
- Direct payment set up and oversight.
Service specific criteria:
Under section 7e – please identify what Personal Independence Payment (PIP)/Disability Living Allowance if the young person is under 16. the child/young person receives:
- Daily Living Components – standard or enhanced
- Mobility component – standard or enhanced
Email address: SDInputters@somerset.gov.uk
Telephone number: 01823 357008