Information regarding the Ethnic Minority Achievement and Traveller Education Service, including criteria to access the service, should be referred to and can be found on the Professional Choices website (www.professionalchoices.org.uk) and/or the Support Services for Education website (www.supportservicesforeducation.co.uk)
Please read these notes alongside the EHA as you complete it with parents:
- Sections 1 and 2 need to be completed
- Section 3 must be completed as it gives consent
- In section 4 we only require details of the child being referred but you may complete the whole section to provide a wider context.
- In section 5, we only require the names, address and contact details of parents / carers
- In section 6, we only need to know professionals who are directly involved with the child you are referring. You may complete the whole section to provide a wider context
- Please complete as much of section 7as you are able to.
For Ethnic Minority Achievement please note date of admission, asylum seeker/refugee status, arrival date in UK and other languages spoken in section 7a
For Traveller Education please note in section 7e the child/young person’s reading age and chronological age. If the child/young person is not in a school place, please give details why (for example, site provision, Elected Home Educated (EHE).
- Please complete as much of section 8 as you are able to.
- In section 9, use the drop down menu to select “Ethnic Minority Achievement and Traveller Education Service”