P2i is an outcome-based homelessness prevention service which aims to provide a service for all vulnerable young people aged 16 to 25 inclusive who have a relevant need without discrimination. There are however some young people who are unsuitable for P2i because:
• their requirement is only that of accommodation and not support;
• their needs are so complex that they require a specialist, or statutory based service, which providers are not regulated to provide;
• they are not eligible as they do not reside in, or have a local connection to Somerset. In these circumstances P2i will aim to work in a multi-agency way to find the best immediate solution.
Through a holistic approach to delivery, P2i aims to achieve the following:
• A primary focus on prevention to ensure young people are not seeking to leave home inappropriately and that young people understand the realities of living independently.
• Where P2i accommodation and support services are required, a focus on targeted transition to independence, ensuring that young people are ready and able to live independently.
• Priority will be given to those for whom the Local Authority has a statutory responsibility or for those who would fall into this category if the relevant prevention methods are not implemented.
• An ability to work with young people with the highest level of need and most challenging behaviour in a way that stabilises them and then allows them to prepare for sustainable independence with the best outcomes possible.
Service Criteria to include in the EHA:
Children Looked After, or those supported by the Leaving Care Service, the latest Pathway Plan, or Care Plan can be submitted with sections 1, 2, 3, 8, 9 of the EHA.
The below information is required in addition to the information already requested in the EHA.
Please include the circumstances which have led to the young person being homeless, or in housing need.
Please include details of;
• any existing debt or ASBN issues
• the young person’s current housing situation, where have they been living in the last 6 months (or more if relevant)
• are there any safeguarding issues in the family home, or where they are currently living.
Please use the drop-down menu to select “Accommodation and Support Pathways to Independence (P2i), Family Mediation and Early Intervention (P2i) or Pathways to Independence (P2i): Mendip, Sedgemoor, South Somerset or Taunton“
Mendip P2i Hub –
Email address: Mendipp2ihub@somerset.gov.uk
Contact number: 0300 303 8588
Mendip District Council,
Cannards Grave Road,
Sedgemoor P2i Hub –
Email address: Sedgemoorp2ihub@somerset.gov.uk
Contact number: 01278 451204
14-16 St Marys Street
South Somerset P2i Hub –
Email address: Southsomersetp2ihub@somerset.gov.uk
Contact number: 07523 645437
Address: Christopher House
93 Preston Road
Taunton Deane & West Somerset P2i Hub –
Email address: Tauntonp2ihub@somerset.gov.uk
Contact number: 01823 356581 or 07876 131133
Address: Taunton Deane & West Somerset
Deane House, Belvedere Road