Information regarding the Physical Impairment and Medical Support Team (PIMST) and also their Special Educational Needs Assistive Technology Advisory Service (SENATAS), including criteria to access the team/service, should be referred to and can be found on the Professional Choices website (www.professionalchoices.org.uk) and/or the Support Services for Education website (www.supportservicesforeducation.co.uk)
Please read these notes alongside the EHA as you complete it with parents/carers:
- Sections 1 and 2 need to be completed
- Section 3 must be completed as it gives consent
- In section 4 we only require details of the child/young person being referred but you may complete the whole section to provide a wider context
- In section 5, we only require the names, address and contact details of parents/carers
- In section 6, we only need to know professionals who are directly involved with the child/young person you are referring. You may complete the whole section to provide a wider context
- Please complete as much as you can in section 7.
For SENATAS please ensure you note the following in section 7a:
Information Technology (IT) Assessment – Does the child/young person understand cause and effect? Current method of recording? Familiar with Upper/Lowercase? Reading age? Spelling age?
Plus also the following in section 7d:
Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) Assessment – How does the child/young person communicate at present? School/setting using Inclusive Communication (formally STC) strategies? Are “low tech” communication aids e.g photo books, being used and how?
Please ensure you include the child/young person’s means of communication e.g speech, signing, symbols and/or gestures in section 7d.
Please ensure you include the child/young person’s main means of mobility e.g walking or powered wheelchair user in section 7d.
Please ensure you include the child/young person’s other means of mobility, if appropriate e.g walking frame and/or sticks in section 7d.
- Please complete as much of section 8 as you are able
- In section 9, use the drop down menu to select “Physical Impairment and Medical Support Team ”