Information regarding the Early Years SENCO service, including criteria to access the Early Years SENCO service, should be referred to and can be found on the Professional Choices website (www.professionalchoices.org.uk) and/or the Support Services for Education website (www.supportservicesforeducation.co.uk)
The role of the Early Years Area SENCo is to assist Early Years settings by providing advice and support for children with additional/special educational needs as part of the graduated approach. Early Years settings can refer children to our service following setting input at SEN Support within Somerset’s Core Standards. https://www.somersetchoices.org.uk/family/information-and-advice/core-standards-for-education/
We work closely with staff and parents, finding ways to best help the children make the most of the learning opportunities available to them. We may observe the children and offer advice on their play, learning and development. Where needed, we can provide support or help reviewing SEN Support plans for the children. We can also help to access other specialist support, where appropriate.
Please read these notes alongside the EHA as you complete it with parents:
- Sections 1 and 2 need to be completed
- Section 3 must be completed as it gives consent
- In section 4 we only require details of the child being referred but you may complete the whole section to provide a wider context
- In section 5, we only require the names, address and contact details of parents / carers
- In section 6, we only need to know professionals who are directly involved with the child you are referring but you may complete the whole section to provide a wider context
- Please complete as much of sections 7 and 8 as you are able
- In section 9, use the drop down menu to select “Early Years Area SENCos”
- Please ensure you send the EHA to SSE.SEN@somerset.gov.uk and the EHACoordinator@somerset.gov.uk
- Please complete the Early Years Area SENCO additional information form and attach to the email as this will be required before referral can be considered
- Please attach SEN Support plan and review to the email as this will be required before referral can be considered.
Alternatively please return this form and SEN Support Plan to:
Support Services for Education or Support Services for Education
The Holway Centre Somerset County Council
Taunton PO Box 5176
Somerset Shepton Mallet
TA1 2JD BA4 9DD
Ensuring you also send to EHACoordinator@Somerset.gov.uk to register the EHA.