From 1 January 2018, ZING Somerset will be offering a children and families lifestyle course that will form a key component in the healthy lifestyle service area. Access to the service will be targeted in line with local data i.e. working with children living in areas of deprivation and high obesity prevalence.
- Children must be aged between 5 and 11 years old and overweight and obese (defined as having a BMI score between the 91st and 98th centile for age). Please note, any child that falls outside the BMI score will not be accepted onto the course, so please ensure your referrals meet the criteria.
- Children must not have complex needs or co-morbid health problems requiring specialist treatment.
- The parents/guardian/carer must agree to the referral and be engaged to discuss options available to the family, including a multi-disciplinary approach.
Service specific criteria:
Under section 7b – please give details of the child/young person’s:
- Height in metres (M)
- Weight in kilograms (KG)
- Body Mass Index (BMI) score
Under section 7f – please state:
- If the family are interested in engaging with a family group course
- Availability to attend sessions