The Early Help Advice Hub (EHA Hub) is part of Somerset’s Family Front Door that offers support to all practitioners who work with children, young people and families living in Somerset.
The EHA Hub provides an Advice Line 01823 355803 which is open Monday to Friday 9:00am until 4:00pm. You will speak with a Customer Service Assistant or an Early Help Assessment Coordinator who can offer:
- Support and guidance in completing and submitting an Early Help Assessment via option 1.
- Advice on assessing levels of need for Early Help according to the Effective Support for Children and Families in Somerset Guidance via option 2. This option is for organisations safeguarding leads only.
- Triage requests for involvement made to Somerset County Council’s Early Help Services (prevention services).
Parents/carers can also call for advice and guidance for their child/young person.
Things to know:
- When contacting the Early Help Hub to discuss the needs of a child/young person or family the child/ren/young person/people being discussed will remain anonymous and no identifying details of them will be requested.
- The Early Help Advice Line is not an alternative pathway to access Early Help Services, it is an advice service.
- The Early Help Advice Line should not be used as case supervision.
- Responsibility for subsequent actions following the advice will remain with you. It will not be passed over to the Coordinator advising you.