WHAT IS TEAM AROUND THE SCHOOL?
- A local network consisting of schools and other family support services that meet on a regular basis to have a shared conversation about children and young people that they may be worried about and that early help and intervention may stop concerns escalating
- Individuals from a range of different agencies working together to pool resources at a tier 2 level, to provide support to families that is outcome driven, focused on solutions and helps the family to become more resilient to prevent a child or young person requiring complex/acute (level 3 / 4) support in the future
- Provides a strong foundation which supports children, young people and their families by refocusing resources on prevention rather than crisis intervention. It also provides the infrastructure for agencies to continue to work together to improve outcomes for children, young people and their families from 0 to 25 years.
WHY ARE WE DOING THIS?
- Need to strengthen local/partner relationships and networks
- Better deployment of multi-agency resources
- Support network for frontline staff
- Stop the ‘refer on’ culture and all partners hold appropriate level of risk
- Consistent application of Effective Support for Children and Families guidance
- Pockets of good practice across County. We aim to share good practice and promote consistency of service delivery
- Align early help with school improvement.
HOW DO I ATTEND A TAS MEETING?
- All schools across Somerset have access to a local TAS. A full list of contact details is held within the toolkit below
- Please contact the local Coordinator if you want to refer a child or young person for support
- The TAS Handbook contains more detail as to how and why we believe this model of multi-agency engagement can be effective in proactively supporting families while the toolkit contains operational guidance and documents to operate a Team around the school.