WHAT IS TEAM AROUND THE SCHOOL (TAS)?
- A mechanism for schools to meet with family support services on a regular basis to have a shared conversation about children and young people they are worried about.
- Professionals working together to pool resources at a tier 2 level, to provide support to families that is outcome driven, focused on solutions and helps the family to become more resilient in order to prevent a child or young person requiring complex/acute (level 3 / 4) support in the future.
- Provides a strong foundation which supports children, young people and their families by refocusing resources on prevention rather than crisis intervention. It also provides the infrastructure for agencies to continue to work together to improve outcomes for children, young people and their families from 0 to 25 years.
WHY ARE WE DOING THIS?
- Need to strengthen local/partner relationships
- Better deployment of multi-agency resources
- Support network for frontline staff (for example PFSAs)
- Need to address the ‘refer on’ culture and all partners hold appropriate level of risk
- Consistent application of Effective Support for Children and Families guidance (thresholds)
- Pockets of good practice across County – need consistency
- Align early help with school improvement
HOW DO I ATTEND A TAS MEETING?
- Not all schools are up and running yet but the plan is that they will all be in place by September 2017
- As and when we know schools are up and running we will be updating this page with further information so watch this space