If someone is at risk of immediate harm please phone the police on 999. Do not complete a form.
To report a concern about the safety or wellbeing of an adult at risk who is experiencing, or at risk of, abuse or neglect:
- Please fill in our online Safeguarding referral form.
- If you not able to use the form please refer to us by phoning 0300 123 2224.
A pathway decision will be made on all safeguarding referrals within 2 working days of receipt.
You can find information about our safeguarding processes on the Safeguarding Adults Board website.
Please note completed forms will only be reviewed during office hours (Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5pm). If you need a response outside of these hours please phone the Out of Hours Team on 0300 123 23 27.
General Referrals for Adult Social Care Involvement:
- If your contact with us requires an immediate response or is regarding an urgent referral, please do-not use this form and phone Somerset Council on 0300 123 2224.
- If the referral is not urgent, please ask the person to phone Somerset Direct themselves on 0300 123 2224 or visit a Talking Cafe. Our Talking Cafés are multi-agency information café providing you with the advice and support you need. Venues and dates of all the Talking Cafes being offered throughout the County can be viewed at https://somersetagents.org/talking-cafes/.
- If you are a professional and it is necessary to make a non-urgent referral yourself, please use the ‘make a referral’ button below. You should also use this form if you are a housing provider requesting an extra care housing assessment or a care provider requesting a review.
- When completing a Discharge to Assist – Mental Health Hospital referral, please advise of the date of discharge. If this is unknown please give an estimated date.
- For Discharge to Assess requests please use the ‘make a referral’ button above.
- To request social care involvement for a hospital discharge please complete a Notification 2 form.
General Questions for Adult Social Care:
- If you have a quick question for Adult Social Care you can also use the online ‘Ask us a question’ form.